let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Powell River
8.9 ACRES OUTSIDE OF ALR LAND RESTRICTIONS! This large property not only access from Sienna Road, but Bell road as well. Enjoy the peaceful living and a laid back lifestyle of the Sunshine Coast's Texada Island. Aside from many flat building sites on the property, there are trees sloping down to the rushing Mouat creek. This beautiful parcel of land also has a large unfinished 3 story home with beautiful beam...
**Breathtaking Panoramic Ocean Views** Only 3 years old!! This stunning house has potential to be your forever home. Perfect for your growing family or retirement life. Main level entry has everything you need from open living space complete with 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms. Beautiful kitchen is bright with stone countertops, crown moulding & stainless appliances. Your large living room & deck offer panoramic oc...Listed by ROYAL LEPAGE POWELL RIVER
Whether you are looking to get into the market for the first time, or looking for your next renovation investment, this 3 bedroom 1 bathroom home has tons of potential. Situated on a quiet no thru street this home gives you privacy while still being close to the centre of town. You will have a spacious fenced back yard for your enjoyment, and a large 37’X18’ detached shop. Many opportunities await you with th...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Rebecca is proud to be born & raised right here in Powell River. She and her husband bought their first house when they were 19/20 years old, and have since then done multiple real estate transactions, home renos, home flips and real estate investments.
Growing up on the Sunshine Coast, Rebecca has familiarized herself with all the surrounding areas of the Powell River region. She is accustomed to the types of homes here, the different ways of building, common features of a property as well as common flaws. She makes sure her clients are comfortable and confident in making such a large life decision and is proud to be with them every step of the way.
Rebecca feels the process of seeing a home for its potential, buying a house to make it your “home”, and buying a house for strictly an investment perspective has taught her so much. There are many reasons her clients have for buying real estate, and she loves seeing how this adds great value to their lives. She truly believes it’s important for people to see how real estate can meet their individual needs; whether it is a starter home, forever home, investment home, etc., and she loves helping others through this experience as well.
When she’s not working, you can find Rebecca spending time with her two kids Elias & Evelyn, playing soccer and tennis, riding her mountain bike or hanging out with family & friends.